Sunday, June 20, 2010

Heading Home

I have a recording of my part in the student reading if anyone wants to hear it email me or leave a comment here and I will get it to you.

Saturday's Faulty was great. Jaime Manrique, my teacher read from his new, unpublished but finished novel. I need to figure out a way to drop them here some day. This whole week ended on a very high note. Naropa is quite a place.


Sunday evening, final packing, a day of final goodbye's, and begin to unpack all the memories, leanings, ideas and hopes. This has been a wee of remembering the important role of poetry and the poet in our world. This has been a week of training in engaged poetics in the spirit of Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg and so many others. I was reminded many times of Ed Sanders, one of the Beats. I had a writing week-end with him and the River Mountain Monastery in Mt Temper NY one time, what a character.

I will be adding to this blog for some time. I hope some of you comment so we can start a conversation. share some of your poetry. y the way next June, beginning around the 12th I will be in Boulder, hopefully or a month. Hope to see you before then.

I am sorry for the double text in the last comment, cannot figure how that happened.

Peace and a good sleep ko shin Bob Hanson from Naropa

No comments:

Post a Comment